Briggs Movers ABC Movers

ABOUT


Briggs is an unincorporated community in eastern Burnet County, Texas, United States.The town had a population of 279 at the 2000 census.

History
Founded as Springs, the community was soon renamed Gum Springs. The first settler in the area, a Missourian named W. T. Gann, arrived in the area in 1855, but the community was established along the Berry Creek in the last quarter of the nineteenth century. A post office was established under the name of Taylor's Gin (named for leading settler Stephen Taylor) on 27 March 1888; it did not assume its current name until 21 June 1898, when local doctor William Hazelwood was able to have the community renamed for his mother-in-law. 

Service Areas