Fulshear is a city in northwest Fort Bend County, Texas within theHouston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. The population was 1,134 at the 2010 census.According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.2 square miles (21 km2), all of it land.It is located at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 359 and Farm to Market Road 1093.Fulshear has an extraterritorial jurisdiction of 37.11 square miles (96.1 km2). Of the general law cities in Texas, Fulshear has one of the largest ETJs.
The city incorporated in 1977.Around 2003 the community only had 400 people. Growth in Fulshear exploded in the 2000s due to its proximity to Houston. Around 2008 the community had around 700 residents. In October 2013 the population went over 5,000. By that time, traffic was commonplace while historically it had not been.