Terms and Conditions of Use
Acceptance of Use
Your access to and use of abcmovers.com is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
Abcmovers.com services shall include the pickup, movement, and delivery of the designated items of the Customer. Abcmovers.com will not hold property for the Customer. Abcmovers.com is no way liable for the property prior to pick up at the designated location or after delivery to the designated location.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Abcmovers.com does not sell products or provide services for children. Abcmovers.com and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.
Our payment terms are payment in full at the time an order is placed. All major Credit/Debit cards are acceptable methods of payment. Any additional payments due after the original payment, including, but not limited to, redelivery or pickup charges, drop off or pickup stair fees, or replacement cost for lost or damaged Products will be assessed on the original form of payment.
For a full refund, cancellations must be made a full 48 hours prior to the earliest original requested drop off date and time. For example, if the requested drop off date was Thursday at 10am, cancellation must be communicated by Tuesday at 10am. Cancellation notification can be via email, telephone, voicemail, mobile phone ‘text message’, subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a charge for orders cancelled without the 48 hour’s notice.
Any refunds due to the client will be made using the original form of payment.
- Service is scheduled to begin at the loading location at the time that you requested on packing, moving and unpacking days.
- Vehicles are parked in a manner that will facilitate best access to the loading location or the unloading location unless otherwise specified in an estimate and, while we try to avoid them, parking infraction fines incurred to this end are added to the final move bill.
- Packing service entails the packing of all items in your residence that require consolidation in containers to be suitable for moving and the provision of materials for packing.
- If you elect to complete the packing for your move, the packing should be 100% complete prior to the arrival of the moving crew.
- Laundry room appliances must be disconnected and drained where necessary prior to the arrival of the moving crew.
- Fridges and freezers must be defrosted prior to the arrival of the moving crew where necessary.
- Items mechanically fastened to the building must be unfastened prior to the arrival of the moving crew.
- The moving crew will move your furniture and the packed contents of your residence excluding firearms and ammunition, hazardous items including paints, aerosol cans, explosives, corrosives, propane tanks, liquids and any other items that the moving crew supervisor deems to be a hazard or unsafe for transportation.
- Unpacking service entails the undirected unpacking of all items packed by an abcmovers.com packing crew.
- It is your responsibility to see to it that the moving crew has exclusive and unhindered access to your residence during loading and unloading.
- You are required to reserve elevators as required with elevators on service prior to the arrival of the moving crew for loading and unloading. Additional time incurred by waiting for elevators / stair usage is to be paid by you, the customer.
- It is your responsibility to have your driveway clear or a parking spot available for the moving truck such that the end of the trucks ramp is positioned for best access both at the loading location and the unloading location.
- You should check with your local authority if there are any roadworks or other events scheduled outside the building you are moving out of or moving into on or around the day of your move, that are likely to hinder or halt the moving crew's efforts.
- Down time occurring as a result of delays caused by circumstances outside of the control of abcmovers.com is charged at the same rate as the labour rate for your move.
- Abcmovers.com reserves the right to refuse to move items through passages with less than 3 inches clearance all around the passageway and the item in question. In agreeing to these terms and condition of service you are waiving any liability against abcmovers.com for damage that might occur to the passage or the items in question during execution of such manoeuvres.
- Snow removal to facilitate your move services is not the responsibility of abcmovers.com and is not included in your estimate. Snow removal and application of sand or salt must be completed prior to the arrival of the moving crew at the loading location and the unloading location.
- Should down time occur such that the truck cannot be completely unloaded by 8pm abcmovers.com reserves the right to discontinue service until a subsequent day and on that subsequent day commence a new contract with normal rates and surcharges. In such instances storage charges may also apply.
- Unpacking should only commence after the moving crew have completed the move.
- The moving environment is hazardous! You should arrange to have children and pets elsewhere while your move is in progress. Only two adults excluding the moving crew should be present at the loading and unloading locations.
- The layout of furniture in each room should be pre-planned and you should be able to direct the moving crew in a prompt manner. You may leave the layout of your furniture to the discretion of our experienced moving crew.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that sanitary conditions prevail at the loading and unloading locations. Abcmovers.com reserves the right to withdraw service in the event of a potential health hazard to our staff as a result of unsanitary conditions at the work location.
In the case that damage is sustained by abcmovers.com moving equipment, due to negligence on the part of the customer or violations of the restriction on material that will be moved, the Customer agrees to cover in full all damages sustained by abcmovers.com equipment, including the replacement of unusable equipment.
Use of Your Submission.
By posting or otherwise submitting your comment, story, video(s), photograph(s), image(s), or any other type of submission (each a “Submission”), you hereby irrevocably grant to abcmovers.com all present and future rights, title, and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including all copyrights and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary, or allied thereto (including all derivative rights) in and to the Submission, and any ideas, concepts, or elements embodied therein, for use throughout the universe in any manner or venue and for any purpose (including for purposes of advertising, promotion, or trade in promoting and publicizing abcmovers.com and its products and services) by means of any and all media and devices (whether now known or hereafter devised) in perpetuity. Abcmovers.com shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, duplicate, or alter the Submission in any manner for any purpose that abcmovers.com deems necessary or desirable, and you irrevocably waive any and all so-called moral rights you may have in the Submission. You further agree that you shall have no right of approval and no claim to compensation in connection with the Submission. By submitting a Submission, you also grant abcmovers.com the right, but not the obligation, to use your biographical information including your name and geographical location in connection with online or other use or publication of your Submission.
Except as otherwise indicated, all website materials, including but not limited to design, text, graphics, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the copyright property of abcmovers.com, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may electronically copy and print hard-copy excerpts of this website (and materials here) only for non-commercial personal use, or non-commercial use within the organization that employs you, provided that the materials are not modified and all copyright or proprietary notices are retained. Any other use of the materials in this website-including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, republication, display, or performance-without the prior written permission of abcmovers.com is strictly prohibited.
The materials on abcmovers.com’s web site are provided “as is”. Abcmovers.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, abcmovers.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall abcmovers.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on abcmovers.com’s Internet site, even if Abcmovers.com or an Abcmovers.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on abcmovers.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Abcmovers.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Abcmovers.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Abcmovers.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Abcmovers.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by abcmovers.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold abcmovers.com and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against abcmovers.com arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of USA and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the USA courts.